Monday, November 26, 2007

Kids Love Of Reading Turns Into Creative Writing

Do you read to your children or grandchildren? Do you let them read to you? Do you encourage them to write simple sentences?

I have been reading to my granddaughter for about three years. She is now seven years old and is in first grade. She still loves to be read to and now she can read on her own.

Because of her love of reading she is about two grades ahead of herself in reading and comprehension. I am so proud of her.

I just had a visit with her last weekend and I was absolutely blown away by a journal entry she had made that morning. She knows that I am a published author and she asked me if she could publish her little journal story.

The reason I was so amazed at her journal story was for several reasons.

(1) I could read her handwriting.

(2) It was well organized.

(3) Her thoughts were in complete sentences.

She is only seven years old. I wrote an article months ago called Imaginations Explode when you read to your children. I am now reaping the benefits of this article in my own personal life when I read that fabulous journal article my wonderful granddaughter had written.

I felt very close to her and wanted to pack her up and take her home with me. That of course is out of the question since she has wonderful parents.

Her parents have done a terrific job of reading to her when she was an infant and through out her young life. I know they are encouraging her now in her reading and her writing.

This can be achieved by your children. Just read to them from the time they are tiny and keep it going.

My little grandson sees me coming and runs and brings me a book for him to read. He has learned his love of books from his older sister. This makes me feel so happy and special inside I try to keep the tears from showing.

You do not need to be a child to learn how to read. There are many adults that can not read. I have had a friend for about twenty years and he has tried to learn how to read on his own.

When he was a child he hardly received an education and now in his eighties he is finally working with a professional tutor and reading.

He calls me on the phone reading me a paragraph from a book or article. He is so happy with his achievement. He had lead a fantastic life and he would have been happy to write it all down in a journal if he could have been able to read and write.
Tip! Since creative writing is not simply a matter of sitting down, putting pen to paper, following smart instructions of emeritus pundits, commence at the beginning and write through to the end. Creative approach treats all writing as a creative act that requires time, positive feedback, and inspiration to be done well.

It is never too late. If your kids are still tiny or toddlers start reading to them and never stop. When they start reading to you cherish the time you have together.

Kids grow up so fast today your memories of those stolen moments together will live long into your memory.

Thank you for reading my article. Feel free to read my other articles.

Copyright Linda Meckler 2006

Linda is the author of, "Ghost Kids Trilogy," Christy, 12 and her Brother Brad, 16 moves into an old house on top of a mountain and meet two Ghost Kids. Become involved with all the characters and all the adventure and mystery.

Then we have a mysterious, magical Blue Vase where Uncle Charlie the villain is trapped. He wants out of the Blue Vase and exchange he will tell Christy and Brad where Pirates' Treasure is Hidden.

Take a walk with Christy and Brad down a dark hall hunting for Pirates' Treasure. You will think were you there right there with them. Love, Family Values and Charity burst off the pages. Check out my website http://www.lmeckler.com

If you are bed or wheelchair confined or can't bend to sit on a toilet you must check out on my website, "Instant Bladder Relief Urinal (IBRU)" http://www.lmeckler.com

No comments: